Monday, August 27, 2012

Star Wars Party: The Decorations...

 For Miss A's Star Wars party, I of course plumbed the wonderful depths of Pinterest.  I thought these signs for the treats were great.  We downloaded a Star Wars esque font for free, and printed out the signs on some scrap paper I had, and taped them to black paper.  Pretty easy.

For the table cloths I used some red fabric I had, with my old blue baby sling on top of it...
I had the girls color some pictures to hang on the cabinets to spice things up a bit.  I like Miss M's At At Walker.  Nice and colorful.
And then I had them draw some pictures with colored chalk on black paper to hang on the sliding glass door.  (I used my fabulous drawing skills on the star destroyer and the x-wing.  The rest was all Miss A.)
Miss M drew a nebula.
And Miss A drew her own Death Star.
The hit of the party was the pinata...
Grandma made it by paper mache-ing a beach ball.  Then B cut a hole out to get the deflated ball out and put the candy in.  He closed it with a paper bowl, which doubled as the shooty part of the Death Star.
He even made a window for the Emperor- see it there?  He spray painted the whole thing with spray primer, then used electric and duct tape to finish it.  It was so great I really hated to see it smashed...
 Little Master C (3) found this very sturdy piece of wood on the curb, and he said I could use it to make a light saber to hit the pinata with.  I spray painted it red, then used duct and electric tape to wrap the handle.   (I asked Master C's mom if he could take it home after the party, for he and his little brother to play with, and she said no for some reason.  I can't imagine why...)
B hung the Death Star with some little Lego planets up in front of a big black fleece blanket so I could take pictures of all the kids (which I of course forgot to do...).  It looked pretty cool!


No comments:

Post a Comment