Monday, August 6, 2012

A Perfect Beach...

We have found the all time, best ever, most perfect, paradisaical beach!  Look at that smooth little cove of sand, halfway shaded by flowering jungle vegetation, with gentle waves lapping at your toes.  Oh, and the rocks have built in hooks for hanging all your stuff on.  Nice bonus.
Private, surrounded by cliffs, but easy to walk to.
While Daddy and Grandpa were diving, Grandma and the girls and I relaxed here.
 
The girls played in the sand.
I finally remembered the sand toys!  That is pretty much a miracle...

Miss R loved being free to roam, and although we had to stop her from crawling head first into the ocean a few times, she didn't get into too much trouble...
 She does have this little problem with eating coral...  You need constant vigilance to keep it out of her little boca.  Of course she sneaks it in all the time.  I figure it builds the immune system, right?
 It's strange to think that when we leave here in a couple years, she'll be Miss M's age, and all she will know is Guam!  I wonder what she will think when we go back to the States, and the temperature drops below 76 degrees.  Or when she walks into the ocean, and it's not warm, and full of colorful fish.
 Our little tropical baby!
I never fail to be cheered up by some sandy raster...
I walked around the cove, taking pictures, looking for heart shaped rocks (I collect them...) and watching the waves.  I really like having a private shady beach...
Miss M has this thing for pouring water onto rocks.  She would have very happily spent the entire day in this pursuit.  Here her efforts were really quite pretty; the jagged lava rock made perfectly tiny little fairy waterfalls.  Miss R kept trying to get close to play in the water.


Miss R suddenly discovered that she really dislikes being covered in sand...
 It's everywhere!  Yuck...
Rub it off?
Still there.
 Ah, an idea!
Rub it off on the hair!
 Not so much...
Finally Grandma got her a bucket of water to rinse her hands in.
It works!

1 comment:

  1. I love it. Wish I were there.
    I miss you guys enough that I started to look at fares between Guam and Chicago, and the price made me think that maybe we should start by talking more often. You get to come to the continent at some point, right?

    ReplyDelete