Monday, August 27, 2012

Miss L's Quilt (Finally)...

One of our best ever friends is Miss L, our next door neighbor girl back in Florida.  She is so sweet, and my girls love her so much, that I decided to make Miss L a quilt to remember us by.  (I decided this in, oh, about December, last year...)  I bought fabric that I thought would suit her and match her room, I cut rectangles out, organized them how I wanted them...  and stopped.  (In my defense, we did move to the other side of the planet...)  So when Grandma was here, she kindly sewed them up, then I borrowed some quilt frames and got some help from friends, and tied it up!
It looks great, if I do say so myself...  Now, I have this idea to embroider the girls' hand prints on one of the squares.  Wouldn't that be great?  Except I don't know really how to embroider...  So Poor Miss L will probably be waiting a while longer for her quilt, by the time I figure that out, then figure out how to bind it... 

No comments:

Post a Comment