Friday, May 27, 2016

Scandinavia Unit: Billy Goats Gruff...

We decided to do a comparison of different versions of the Norwegian folk story of the Three Billy Goats Gruff.  Here, in order from Miss M's favorite to her least, are the ones we read:




These two tied for best, "Because, in the end, they all start getting along!  And that's nice."
I liked them too.  Although my island accent in the first was pretty laughable.

Next is a version in a book I have had since I was a little girl.

"I didn't like that this troll kept lots of little people on his hat.  And I did like about this story I liked the illustrations."


A basic easy reader.

Image result for the three billy goats gruff barrie wade
And another.


I didn't really care for this one, because they called the boy "Ugly Boy Bobby."  Which I think is mean.


I liked this one, although Miss M didn't as much.  I love wood cut illustrations.  We picked this copy up at the thrift for a few cents.


And lastly...

No comments:

Post a Comment