Friday, May 13, 2016

Museum Day...

Today the girls all had dental appointments.  Miss A was missing yet more practice tests at "regular" school, so I decided to simplify matters and let her take a (yet another...) day off.  We went to the Chrysler Art Museum, which is one of my favorite places.  

 Cool mirror sculpture.
 Then, when we entered, the staff were filming a bit for the local news about the Great Museum Dance Off!  (Don't know about this?  You should.  http://www.whenyouworkatamuseum.com/)
 They asked  the girls to join in the dance!
 I hid.

The museum workers were super nice to the girls and danced all over with them.  Miss R even ended up in a photo on their facebook page.

 The exhibit Water by Edward Burtynsky is one I've wanted to see for months.  It was amazing, and now I want to go back.  But, of course, I waited forever, so now it closes this week.


I decided that whenever we go to a museum we should take a photo with whatever was our favorite thing that day.  Mine was this rocking chair.  Seriously.  How can I get one of these things?

 Miss R fancied these cats.  Although it was a toss up with a painting of what she said was a deer and a girl, and what to me looked like a naked woman getting her throat ripped out by a werewolf.  But I promise, I put no pressure on her to choose the cute cats instead.
Miss M went for the huge Bierstadt of Mt. Washington.  With curtains.
Miss A chose the even huger painting of the Nativity.  Which is beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment