Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Macro Mood...

It rarely happens anymore, but today the urge to take photos struck me.  Luckily we were at the botanical garden, so, you know, it worked out ok.




 The rose garden is spectacular right now.
 And I was very taken with this tree, and its texture.

 Honeysuckle.

 And stipa, or nasella, I can't ever keep straight which is the current name.
 Chives!  Miss A's favorite.

 California poppy.
Artichoke.
 Iris.

 Yucca.

 Foxgloves were blooming in the cottage garden.
 Iris.
 And more foxglove.
Calendula.  I hate the way this plant grows.  But it has about the most cheerful flowers of all.
 Petunia with a blue surprise inside.
 More calendula.
And chionanthus.  I just noticed this Virginia native tree, and I really like it!  I already planted about a billion crepe myrtles in my yard, but I may have to find a spot to squeeze one of these in...
And an orchid in the tropical house.

 We enjoyed walking around the garden, because they were taking down the Lantern Asia sculptures, so we got to see them close up.
 And, there's always time for math worksheets.


 And the girls played in the children's garden for a long time.

No comments:

Post a Comment