Friday, May 27, 2016

Japan Unit: The Undones...

I always, thanks mostly to pinterest, have so many awesome artsy things I want to do, and we just didn't seem to get to it...  Maybe next time around?  Or as a review sometime?

This one was a definite I was going to do, no questions.  And... I didn't.

Make waves like Hokusai Art Tutorial
Hokusai Art Project

And how did we not make a koi flag!  We celebrated Children's Day!  Big fail.
KoiNoBuri
Koinobori Craft

And I pictured us all sitting calmly listening to Japanese traditional music on pandora (we did that- the listening; not the calmly) while working on sashiko (um, no).

Japanese Embroidery

And I planned on painting some kokeshi.  I still might get around to this.  I like painting peg dolls in general, and go through streaks where I paint a lot.  Plus we found one at the thrift.












So hopefully we re-visit Japan in the future!  Well, especially since we are hopefully moving there at some point.  There are lots more things I want us to learn about and do.

No comments:

Post a Comment