Sunday, April 24, 2016

Indian Festival...

Here is Miss A's report:

I went to the Indian Festival in Old Dominion University.  And I saw pretty girls and boys dance.  I got to eat cherry cake with cream and chocolate.  We saw some boys and girls dancing about a selfie song.  Also they wouldn't let us in the exit part and they wouldn't let us out the entrance part.  The music was really loud.  And I felt happy and interested.  Also there were beautiful experienced ladies dancing.  Also the not-experienced kids did very well.

Here is Miss M's report:

I ate desserts at the Indian Festival.  I loved the dresses that the girls wore.  They did pretty dances and there was lots of music.  There were lots of designs on the saris and on their dresses.  They wore jewelry on their heads.  They had swishy skirts.  There were rainbow colored skirts.  They practiced lots for their performance.  Some of the men had to wear sparkles and the ladies looked beautiful in their skirts and on the skirts were diamonds.  Some kids were performing.



The Mama review:
It was... ok.  The dancing was nice.  The vendors were quite disappointing.  The girls liked all the glitzy shiny costume jewelry, but that's kind of all there was.  Lots of the same gold and jewels and $50 saris.  I wanted someone selling ghee, and spices, and real Indian things.  What Miss A talked about, with the entrances and exits, was really frustrating.  There were these nazi people guarding them, and wouldn't let us go past, even though we just kind of went in by accident, so we had to go through the throngs inside instead of just turning around.  It made me mad and left a bad taste in my mouth.  There weren't that many people in those passages to justify making such a big deal about it.  The festival was billed as being free.  I knew the food and things for sell would of course not be, but I didn't expect every little thing to cost extra, like face painting etc.  I'm glad we went, and we won't go again.  

No comments:

Post a Comment