Wednesday, March 21, 2012

A Sad Day...

I just posted my beloved truck for sale on craigslist.  And, to add even more to my depression, I loaned my back pack to my husband to take on a trip, and forgot to take my Swiss Army "Champ" knife, that I saved money for and purchased when I was twelve, out of one of the pockets.  It got thrown away by the evil TSA.  Do I have to grow up now? 

Here is the posting:
For sale is my truck "Betsy".  2 wheel drive, manual transmission, 2 door, 4 cylinder 2.5 l engine, long bed with liner, 216,000 miles.  I am the original owner (got her when I was 16), and am sad to see her go, as I wanted my kids to drive her when they turned 16...  But we are moving over seas, and can't take her with us.  My husband was in charge of internal workings, and did a good job.  She runs great, gets 24 mpg in town, 30-31 on the highway.  Drove from Missouri to Virginia to here loaded down with no problems and better mpg than the "new" car.  He rebuilt the engine and transmission since we were married, and really, she is a dependable, good-running truck.  Appearance wise- not so much.  The outside was my job, and I failed.  Our friends call her the "War Pony", due to her pinto-like peeled paint look.  There is some serious rust also...  Other issues- no ac.  If you want a fairly reliable commuter truck that can be used to haul furniture, soil, wood, whatever- this is a good choice.  Feel free to email with questions!  Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment