Thursday, March 8, 2012

Uncle Ben's Christmas Present (in March)

Yes, there were some, er, delays, in making this gift...  Hopefully he won't mind!  Once we got around to it, it was quite quick and fun.


Uncle Ben likes horses, and lives in the beautiful state of Montana, so the girls and I thought we would make him a mountain scene.  We used Miss A (5) and Miss M (3) hands for the trees, and Miss R (6 months) hands for the sun.


I left Miss A in charge of the river, and turned my back for a minute and it was a lake.  But I like it much better this way!  Miss M's thumbs made the fishes.


We added some pinkie cardinals.


And a hump-backed horse thing.  Turns out I maybe should have not let Miss A get her whole palm in the brown paint?


I went back with a tiny brush and added little bits.  We put paper grocery sacks inside the shirt to keep the paint from soaking through (after we started without, and I noticed the paint soaking through...) and used regular acrylic paint.  I dried it on high for a long time to set it when we were done.  I hope it works!  We had fun making it, and I hope he likes it- and I told him he is under no obligation to ever wear it out of the house!

1 comment: