Monday, July 16, 2012

Trip to the Aquarium...

I love aquariums.  That being said, I was strangely skeptical of the aquarium here in Guam.  Maybe because I thought I could see all the same things if I get on my snorkel and stick my head in the water here (which is basically true), so why pay to see them?  Anyway, some friends called and asked if I wanted to go to Underwater World, so we did.  Good choice.
There is a super long tunnel through a big tank.  Lots of sharks, all sorts of fish, two huge sea turtles (my favorite!) and rays- one of which swooped over me and scared me to death.  It's great!
Then there are lots of individual tanks.
 Eels.  Not my favorite.  I pretty much think they are one of the freakiest looking creatures on earth.
Cool prickly star fish things.  (I need to brush up on my ocean creature id...)
Jellies.  I liked these a lot more before I started living in proximity to them...  But, you can't deny that they are beautiful.
Sea horses.  My third favorite sea creature!  (My second favorite would have to be cuttlefish.)

This is Miss M with her friends Little B and Miss I.
And Miss A and Miss I checking out the touch tanks.
Fun!  We'll be going back lots more.  Another plus- they have legitimate military discounts, so the year membership for all of us was not that much!

No comments:

Post a Comment