Saturday, September 12, 2020

Miss R's Birthday...

In the past, R has requested dragon and dinosaur birthday parties, so I should not have been surprised when she requested a sea monster party this year.  We expanded beyond reptiles to include things like the kraken and megalodon though.  Her party happened before the base restrictions tightened up, so she was able to have a few friends over for her party.  We had cake and ice cream of course.

The girls all made pie crust sea serpents.  M did the one that actually looks like something beyond a primitive play dough snake, and I'm including mine with the rest as well.
They played a hot tournament of kraken eye, or ping pong, on our dining room table.
A made a megalodon to throw fishes to, and she also sewed all the fishes.  Then the girls each got to take a fish home.

M drew a scauldron dragon for a pin the tail on the dragon game.
They did some drawing. 
Bonus! I was able to re-use some table runners I made years ago for someone's mermaid party.  Then after the sea monster party I was inspired to finally work on the mermaid quilt for which I have been collecting fabric for the last 15 years...  I finished the front and back!  But I'm not going to attempt to quilt it, so it can wait until we get back stateside.


The big sisters made the marshmallow fondant monsters for the cake.  This cake was a little thick on the frosting even for me.  And that's saying something!  With the huge amount of marshmallow on top, it was sweet overkill.  But good, you know.  It was a fun party!
Here is A working on her megalodon.

No comments:

Post a Comment