Monday, April 23, 2018

Much Sewing...

Although I should have been microcleaning the house and preparing for a cross-world move, I have been sewing.  I made quilts for some friends who are expecting twins.

 Here is the baby girl quilt, front and back.

 And here is the baby boy quilt, front and back.  But I don't know which is which. 
 Miss A made her signature cats for the babies as well.  She named this one Mr. Bubbles.





 And this one Miss Lucky.




She also made one for a friend's daughter's first birthday, which is pictured below between Miss A's own striped cat and the Bliss she made for me.  (This was at our ward talent show, which was Friday night.)  I made a skirt for that little girl too, but I didn't take a picture.  

Yesterday, Saturday, was a fun busy day.  We had a shower for the twins at 11, then a party for the one-year-old at two.  From there straight to parents night out at the y.  Our friend A joined us for a dinner at Guad's, our favorite local Mexican restaurant.  Her husband is out to sea- at least until his boat breaks again.  
We capped off the night with a trip to the emergency room.  Miss R woke us at 1:30 saying she couldn't swallow her water.  B looked, and the back of her throat was very swollen and inflamed.  He told me to take her in.  You know it's bad when he tells me to seek medical attention...  They swabbed her and found she has strep.  They gave her steroids and an antibiotic shot in her bum, and she's feeling much better, but still gets to lounge on the couch all day.  


No comments:

Post a Comment