Monday, June 23, 2014

Around the World (Halfway at Least...) in Sixty Days... (Part 2- The Flight)

Ug.  Just to start off, I hate flying (commercial that is; with B in a little plane is awesome).  Even by myself, even short flights.  I just don't like it.  To get off Guam requires a trip that is almost a full 24 hours, and I had all three girls, AND I was by myself.  Not. Fun.  Oh, and we were flying United, which does NOT have the cool individual touch screen tvs full of the latest movies and fun games.  That would be Delta.

We flew from Gaum to Hawaii.  Here are the girls all ready for takeoff, all excited...



We got to Hawaii at sunset, I think?  Not sure which day.  We ended up having two Fridays and two Saturdays, so it's all a big blur...

We flew from Hawaii to California, and the deal was that we would ALL SLEEP on that whole flight.  I even gave them dramamine.  They all laid nicely down...
Aaaannnd...  didn't sleep a wink.

We had a killer layover in LA, which was killer not because it was long, but because I had time zones mixed up in my head and kept expecting to get on the plane any minute, then kept having to wait another hour...  But a nice man played soccer with the girls while I muddled around in a haze of sleepless confusion.

Another flight to Idaho, and we were done!

I was VERY relieved to be on the ground.  I think from here on out it's all road trips for me until I absolutely have to fly due to crossing an ocean.

No comments:

Post a Comment