Friday, October 11, 2013

Australia: Day Four!

 Thursday was our morning in Cape Trib.  K left early for a hike up Mount Sorrow (Captain Cook had a bad time in this part of his voyage, and the names here reflect it...), and B and I walked to a little outdoor cafe for breakfast.

B made major fun of me for taking a picture of something I was eating, but this was so GOOD!  I had to remember what was on this.  I must say a word of praise for Australian bacon.  I'm not really a fan of bacon normally, unless I'm camping and my Mom is cooking it for breakfast, but this was amazing.  Egg, bacon, cucumbers, carrots, lettuce, I don't know what else, but so good!
Then we walked to the beach.
Interesting sand things on this beach...  Not sure what left these little poop pile things?
 

 We walked out on the rocks on the point.





 There was a huge school of fish all around the shore here.  And I saw two sharks!  Black tips, I think.


These rocks were awesome...

We took a path back through the woods.
More mangroves!

 We saw lots more hairy mary- a relative of wait-a-while.  Scary, isn't it?



 And LOTS more wait-a-while.  B tried tossing his hat at it and it was caught no problem.
We met back up with K back from her hike, got picked up by George and our van, and headed back towards Cairns.

Someone "improved" a speed bump road sign...  Being run over is the biggest threat to cassowaries.
Our next big stop was a place called Mossman Gorge.  








 Here is a series of K jumping into a swimming hole...






 My heart shaped rock... 




 Our afternoon tea.  With George, our guide, and a wonderful couple from Tasmania.  This tea included Tim Tams!  The best ever cookie...
 Go ahead and read that bottom statement.  Would our country not be so much better if everyone embraced that philosophy?

View towards Cairns.


No comments:

Post a Comment