Saturday, February 16, 2013

Miss M's Birthday...

Our little Miss M FINALLY turned four!  I say finally, because she is a very big girl, with a quite advanced vocabulary, and I was tired of people freaking out when they asked me how old she was and I told them "Three".
 Here she is!  Building puzzles and coloring.
Here is the cake.  I sort of sweet-talked her into a cowgirl party this year.  I don't know why, but I'm trying to make it as long as possible without throwing a princess party.  With three girls, I know it can't be forever...  It was my kind of cake- heavy on the frosting.  Of course, my pinterest plans involved carving a way cool cake in the shape of a boot, but as my surrogate grandfather Dr. E always said, "Deadlines exist to save us from perfection."  Wise words...

 We had the kids play horseshoes.  A bold move, and one fraught with danger, (nine small children throwing heavy chunks of iron) but it ended up ok. 
Keeping Miss R out of the way was the big challenge...

 And then the pinata.  I, as usual, had big pinterest plans involving making my own pinata, which then downgraded into spraying this kmart one silver and turning it into a sheriff's badge, which then downgraded into just leaving it the way it was.  I know the kids don't care a bit.  All the silly theme stuff is just for me.  When I was a kid my birthday parties involved cake, ice cream, and musical chairs, and they were fun!  No themes.  No fuss.
And yes, we did re-use the light saber from Miss A's party to hit the pinata with.

 The kids all took a whack at it, then we brought our friend and helper K in as closer.  B was a lot more tricky with her...
 Blow out the candles, open presents, and then for some photos before everyone left.




 It was a fun party!
And to close out the day, we went to a fun free concert on base.  Vertical Horizon!

No comments:

Post a Comment