Sunday, November 11, 2012

The House: Play Room

 Let's face it:  we live a long way from our family, and from many of our friends.  We live in Guam- it's not easy to get any farther "away" than that!  But even when we aren't on the far side of the world, we are in the military.  We move all the time.  We can't often visit the homes of our loved ones, nor they us (although we have some friends and family who have, thankfully, put forth much effort to come and see us!!!).  I feel that knowing what a person's house looks like, what they spend their lives looking at and living with, helps you connect with that person.  So I'm going to post pictures of our house in the hopes that my friends and family will do the same! 
We live in a three bedroom house.  We opted to have all three of our girls sleep in the same room so we could have a toy room/ spare room.  That day bed is the same one I slept in growing up.  The quilt was a present from my wonderful mother-in-law for our wedding.  The map quilt I made with my Mom long ago.  The fairy alphabet I found at a thrift store.  One of the rocking chairs was what Miss A asked Santa for two Christmases ago.  Then we found the other at a thrift store.
 The shelves were built by B out of the leftover shelving from when the ill-fated St. Louis Deseret Book closed down.
 I wish I had about six more of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment